Principal Consultant, Collaboration / AV / Multimedia / Video / UC
Director of Emerging Technology
Interactive Multimedia & Collaborative Communications Alliance
The Video Enterprise was a website run by UBM Techweb to discuss videoconferencing and collaboration in corporate and educational enterprises and other organizations. The site was closed by UBM on November 1, 2012. These are copies of the blogs I wrote that appeared on that site (with embedded links to Google cached versions for as long as they remain.)
A View From The Road: Observations on technology trends from the latest conferences and seminars:
All show reviews: http://www.imcca.org/news/views-from-the-road
· Sound and Communications, Spring 2013 ITAV Report. Videoconferencing Hardware vs. Software
· World Commerce Review, March 2013.
· International Society for Presence Research Executive Insights, October 2012. Thoughts on Telepresence, Presence and Collaboration
· Sound and Communications, Fall 2012 ITAV Report. How Will Mobility Change The Face Of Videoconferencing
· World Commerce Review, March 2012. Recent Developments in Collaborative Communications, Mobility and the Cloud
· Channel Partners, January 2012. Overcoming Hurdles to UC Adoption
· Sound and Communications, Spring 2011 ITAV Report. New Directions For Collaborative Conferencing
· AT&T and the Economist Intelligence Unit, Spring 2009. Today’s Virtual Power Tools
· Sound and Communications, Fall 2008 ITAV Report. UC – Stepping into the Future Without Abandoning The Past
· Sound and Communications, Spring 2008 ITAV Report. The Top Ten Things an AV Technician / an IT Helpdesk Operator Should Learn (2 articles)
· Sound and Communications, May 2008. Worlds Apart but Across the Table
· World Commerce Review, December 2007. Telepresence: A background and analysis that goes beyond the hype
· David moderates a panel discussion on Smarter Working for Plantronics in San Francisco in January 2013. Many topics were discussed, including:
is not where you go, it's what you do
*Pervasive Video is here now - how do we get organizations to realize the benefits
*What are the obstacles to adoption
It's worth the 45 minutes to watch the discussion – and specifically the first 10 minutes where David explains how the social and business impact of Pervasive Video will radically change where people live and how organizations recruit over the next few years. Click Here To View
· David presents “Video – Out Of the AV World, Into the Real World and Onto the Cloud” at the Wainhouse Research Collaboration Summit in July of 2012. Click Here To View, enter the email “ firstname.lastname@example.org “ and select my presentation second on the right
· David comments on visual collaborative communications in a video put together for Polycom's Executive Briefing Centers. Click Here To View.
· David moderates the closing panel of the 2010 Wainhouse Research Collaboration Summit. Click Here To View. Scroll down to the last entry in the agenda and click “View Archive”. Free registration is required – needing your name and email.
· David gives a Unified Communications educational seminar for InfoComm in Atlanta - March 2011. Click Here To View.
· David and Scott Cruikshank of Dimension Data presented a series of three webinars in 2012 for Ziff Davis Enterprise eSeminars. The first was on May 23rd, the second on June 6th, the third on June 23rd. These webinars were recorded live and are available now for on-demand viewing. Registration is free. Click Here To View. The topics are:
· Out of the AV World, into the Real World - Making Video a Part of Your UC Strategy
· Visual Collaboration – Everywhere for Everyone - Making Pervasive Video Work in the Real World
· Driving Enterprise Video Adoption - The Roadmap to Success
· David and Wainhouse Research’s Ira Weinstein present Four Steps to Drive Video Adoption Across Your Organization on behalf of Dimension Data and Enterprise Connect (free registration required to view.) Click Here To View.
Future Engagements: (click the logo to go to the event page)